The main building where Walker-Eastman-Heydinger Funeral Home is located was constructed in 1884 as the residence of Mr. and Mrs. L.L. Doud. Mr. Doud was a prominent man at A.B. Chase Company in Norwalk. A.B. Chase created beautiful handcrafted pianos and organs, one of which still sits in the funeral home.
In 1994, the residence was converted into Hinman-Tanner & Walker Funeral Home. The name quickly changed to Walker Funeral Home as Edward Walker, and his wife, Roxanne, built their legacy of caring service in the community. Additional construction in the early 2000s added a lovely kitchen to the building.
In September of 2018, Jay and Sara Eastman and Samuel Heydinger purchased the funeral home from Ed. The Walker and Eastman families have long been friends. Ed even served his apprenticeship at the Greenwich funeral home so the transition was a natural fit.
Proud to be Family Owned and Operated
New London | 200 W Main Street | New London,
OH44851 | Tel: 1-419-929-3781 | Fax: 1-419-929-1902 |